Top tips on how to recruit successfully in today’s market
Having stated SDW 20 years ago this year, in this time I have never seen such a shortage of experienced candidates applying for jobs. There has always been peaks & troughs in application numbers, but, not as low as this and for so long.
There is a battle on, between employers fighting for that elusive candidate as soon as they come along… Yes, some of the salaries being banded about are crazy, £35K for 2 years of import experience? When do I start 😀
But, it’s not just a lack of candidates that is this issue. You need to change how you recruit.
My top tips:
- Understand the boot is completely on the other foot and candidates are calling the shots now, not you
- You must get better at selling your company & jobs
- You must communicate your culture, values and explain why your company is a great place to work
- Must be flexible & offer full support
- You must speed up the shortlisting, interview and offer process – speed is key
Most of all, answer and communicate the following question – Why should this candidate work for you?
I hope this helps, and as always we are here to help, support & guide our clients throughout the hiring process. It’s tough, but we love a challenge here at SDW 😉
Don’t hesitate to make contact, for just advice or help with hiring.
email@example.com | 023 8033 6633