A leading Southampton based shipping company is looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team. If you have previous purchase ledger experience and want to join a friendly team in waterfront offices, then this could be the perfect role for you.
As a Purchase Ledger Clerk will be responsible for processing invoices, payment runs and reconciliations, as well as other ad-hoc accountancy duties.
- Input, control and reconciliation of the purchase ledger including accounts payable entries, authorisations, coding and scanning/ filing
- Reconciling supplier statements and following up on queries with suppliers
- Administering staff expenses (including authorisation, coding and payments)
- Making payments via the online banking systems
- Liaise with the operations and documentation teams as needed
- Other ad-hoc office duties as and when required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong capacity to manage priorities
- Attention to detail and experience of working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Comfortable working with databases and reporting tools
- Good Excel skills
- AAT Level 3 Preferred – Support for further study a possibility
About the Company:
This is a position with a leading RoRo shipping company with offices around the world. Their Southampton office is close to the city centre, and have a good friendly working environment. Hours are Monday to Friday 9-5.30.
Salary & Benefits:
For the right candidate our client is looking to pay between £18-21K depending on experience. 8% Pension, Medical insurance for family, 22 days holiday increasing to 25 after 5 years’ service